Corneal Reshaping Therapy (CRT)
This exciting new trend in contacts has been a vibrant addition to our practice since 2003. We are the only office in central Kentucky to fit the CRT lens! CRT Paragon Corneal Reshaping Therapy lenses are oxygen permeable therapeutic contact lenses. CRT’s are a sophisticated non-surgical way to temporarily reshape the cornea while you sleep. The Paragon lens has become the leader in corneal reshaping therapy, and the first company to receive FDA approval.
The CRT lens treats nearsightedness with or without minor astigmatism (up to -1.75 diopters). The CRT has no age restrictions, which makes the lens ideal for children that may be too young for surgical options such as LASIK.
Imagine wearing a lens at night which allows you to be completely glasses and contact lens free during the day. Parents, imagine how your child’s self esteem will boost! Play the big game without the need of contacts or glasses. Freedom in a lens!
This lens is quick to show improvements in patients’ vision. You can expect rapid improvement after the first couple nights with full correction being reached in 10-14 days! Please call our contact lens specialist for more information.
CRT Frequently Asked Questions
- What is CRT?
- CRT stands for Corneal Refractive Therapy. This customized lens gently reshapes your cornea while worn overnight and allows for great vision during the day without contacts or glasses.
- Who can wear CRT lenses?
- Children, teenagers, and adults. There are no age restrictions on CRT patients, an eye exam with your doctor will determine if you are a good candidate for CRT lenses.
- Who would benefit from CRT?
- The great thing about CRT is that there are many who can benefit from it. Active children, children and teenagers who are too young for refractive surgery, poor candidates for refractive surgery, or anyone who wants the freedom from glasses or contacts can be candidates.
- How long does it take to reach good vision?
- Most patients reach optimal vision within 10-14 days.
- Is CRT permanent?
- No, it is temporary. You can stop wearing your lenses at any time and your vision will return to its original state in as little as 72 hours.
- How often do I replace my CRT lenses?
- We suggest that your CRT lenses be replaced yearly, depending on care of the lens.
- Can I see with my CRT lenses in?
- Yes! You will be able to see with or without your CRT lenses in.